Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How A Dalmatian Earns His Spots

I've worked out why Dalmatians have black spots. They earn them one naughty deed at a time. Their spots are just a reflection of their dark little soul.

Ricky has earned a fair few new spots this week.

He's chewed up a place mat. He's chewed up a stick on the just-vacuumed carpet (which, incidentally, I'd had to vacuum myself as the cleaning lady had called in sick - double spots for that sin). He chewed up one of Serena's sandals. He dragged his butt over Josh and Serena's bed but had an unfortunate remnant of a bowel motion still stuck to his butt (their doona cover had also been just washed so double spots for that sin too.) He stole Iven's afternoon tea from the table and hid behind the couch when he was discovered. Then he stole Iven's glasses so he couldn't see to do the crossword. He took scrap paper out of my work bin and tore it up all over the lawn. He pulled out chocolate wrappers from my work bin while I had clients over so they all knew my secret shame. He scratched my great-niece's cheek in a fit of excited puppiness.

And then last night I heard Serena's 'you've done it again Ricky' noise. So I went into their bedroom to check and found this,

Yeah, my cute little grandpuppy is a dumpster diver.

He'd stuck his head into their bin and gotten it, well, stuck. Looking for food as usual. And yes, their was food in the bin - dried noodles confiscated from him after a previous break and enter. Yes, that's the lid of the bin around his neck.


Sure he might look like he's ashamed of what he's done but the shame never stays with him long enough to stop him from doing it again.


Still love him though. For the moment.

14 comments:

  1. That dog - he truly is loved!!! The trashcan lid around his neck is funny. Soon he will be a black dog when all the spots run together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Caught in the act! He has definitely earned his spots. That's why they make them so darn cute. Otherwise we'd never tolerate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So all the running around after him is going to get you fit...
    Maybe you need to take him running in the early morning so he's to tired to be naughty in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ricky you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Ricky... :-)

    I just love Ricky's lack of guile. I need some of that to rub off on me (though sans bowel movement remnants!).

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright side is that this naughty puppy phase will end someday (I hope for you)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the trashcan photo. We used to have a Doberman that would rip the washing off the line and Dad would make him walk around with a ripped towel draped over his neck. He'd look so mortified and ashamed. One day he leaped up and snatched an entire cooked chicken from Mum's hands and took off with it. I hope I haven't told you that story before! Anyway, he's very naughty but extremely cute. I predict a few more spots coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ricky reminds me of Jack when he was a puppy - so food motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is just too funny. Caught in the act.
    How could you not love such a sweet and innocent :) face.
    I love the stories about Ricky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'The black spot' always makes me think of the pirate judgments in Treasure Island - which is kind of apt, this little fellow is a real scamp. And Dalmatians are pretty smart - wait till he gets a little sneakier...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! He will be great friends with our dog Smiley. The two together will be impossible though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture with the lid around his neck is the best ever. He does look ashamed, don't you think? We love dogs, why? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Coach Dion: try to take him running in the early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this theory. And the pics, hehe! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's certainly all puppy and a darn cute one at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.